Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Seen a few good sized ones while cobia fishing the last couple of weeks and caught a few small ones while pompano fishing.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Tried shark fishing last weekend out of P.cola pass with a Penn 750 30# test and 80 store bought steel leaders got snapped off three times, fishing with Bonita, last one had me down to 25 yds of line before he bit off and left me nothing but the head. They are out there !

·
Registered
399 Posts
Tried shark fishing last weekend out of P.cola pass with a Penn 750 30# test and 80 store bought steel leaders got snapped off three times, fishing with Bonita, last one had me down to 25 yds of line before he bit off and left me nothing but the head. They are out there !
That can be part of the problem. Good idea to learn to twist your own. I too have lost a few fsh before I swore off the store bought leaders.
Doen't really matter when a big one tries to spool you though. Fun stuff!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot guys got a few this past weekend on dauphin island dont know where i am going this weekend but any ideas i want me some biggins

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i havent seen or caught any yet but hey if someone wants to get togeather and go find some hit me up over pm and ill give out my cel number

1 - 12 of 12 Posts