Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before but didn't get any responses last year. I'm thinking about getting a few crab traps and a seine for shrimping, and trying some baiting as well. Anybody do it? I used to trawl in Pirates cove & Bon Secour but since it's just me now, its not worth the gas to go out there.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
I posted before but didn't get any responses last year. I'm thinking about getting a few crab traps and a seine for shrimping, and trying some baiting as well. Anybody do it? I used to trawl in Pirates cove & Bon Secour but since it's just me now, its not worth the gas to go out there.
Most shrimp nets are illegal in florida.....something about the by catch being 9 lbs of finfish per lb of shrimp.....which might explain the lack of response....at least from the florida portion of the fishing forum.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trawling is illegal. Seining and baiting is legal. I figure with the wealth of experience on this forum people would have some experience with either. I know we can keep 5 gal head on per boat per day so I will be the forum guinea pig and hopefully will have good reports.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a FL resident, that's too much $$$. Here I can do it w/ my regular license, and not have to pull a trawl all day. If I were regularly taking people with me, I might do it but for 1 person, the limit is the same: FL: 5 gal per vessel, AL: 5 gal per person. We've still got the net so if I get 1 or 2 people who want to come and want to split the cost of gas/etc for a day of trawling and foot the money to help w/ proper licensing I might break it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts