Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really addicted to fishing. I just can't help it. So i am wondering about fishing from a party boat. Never done it. This time of year it seems like a cheap ride to go jig for AJ's....

I would want to use braid and butterfly jigs.... i would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have done some jigging off party boats and hooked some big grouper that broke me off, and last time had a couple hundred pound shark on and almost to the boat. I also go on a boat that lets me drag a high-speed trolling lure on the way in and out. None of the party boats will let you use braid though, since you would cut everyone else's lines and cause tangles that would have to be cut.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i live on the water and have a little boat...

i just kinda like the idea of ridding and fishing on demand...

and helping out the local charter guys..

But i don't use mono...

i just can't get the feel for it.

It works fine for trolling,

but i even use braid to bass fish.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you want a good party boat check out the Swoop, they'll let you fish the way you want but I would call ahead and ask about using braid. They also have two of the fastest party boats in Destin harbor.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I worked on the Party boats Swoop, Swoop II, Destin Princess, and Destiny. If you're looking at jigging for AJ's, having the chance to run a slip lead all day instead of the standard 2 hook rig, GO WITH THE SWOOP!!! Ed and Jeff are the first mates and will take great care of you. If you hand them a $20 while boarding or even while they're cutting bait, you will be set up for the rest of the day (first dibs on live baits, etc.). The Swoop goes to the edge more then any other boat in Destin on their normal 6 hr trips, and you will have a very good chance of hooking up with a keeper AJ. I've caught or helped catch countless Copperbellies and BIG AJ's on that boat.

Good luck, go with the "Swoop" and tell the fellas Jimmy sent ya! I miss those guys...

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
I second what Jimmy Jams has said go with the Swoop. Hands down best Party Boat out of Destin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts