Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a boat from them. Seemed nice, got a deal, but how are they to deal with afterwards. Service department OK.

2007 Tidewater with 115 4stroke Susuki

·
Registered
802 Posts
They charged me a $100 to clear a fuel line on my Yamaha.:boo But that was the only bad experience out of 3 or 4 visits. To break it down they have good service with high prices.

Kevin

·
Registered
878 Posts
Kinda like closin' the barn door after the horse is loose, doncha think???

I would have been askin' that kind of question before I bought the boat!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have bought 2 boats from them.. and dealt with them for the past 4 years. I have never had a problem with them. As far as high prices for service.. I have yet to find a DEALER that does service cheap... labor rates for the techs are high so that cost has to go somewhere tight?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
GONU (12/26/2007)They charged me a $100 to clear a fuel line on my Yamaha.:boo But that was the only bad experience out of 3 or 4 visits. To break it down they have good service with high prices.

Kevin
Sounds like a one hour minimum service charge. Pretty standard. Some Dealers have a one minimum plus Diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I repowered with them this spring and had a very good overall experience. The final bill came in a little under what I was quoted, as they were able to reuse some existing parts. I'm in GB and Sunrise is quite a bit further than Posner, but well worth the drive for the difference in service delivered vs.empty promises.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,612 Posts
skidboot77 (12/25/2007)They were the selling agent. It was a repossession that they sold for the bank.

OK.... it was a repo boat, should have been a package deal from the start. The hull has a 10 year transferable warranty, local Tidewater dealer is Gulf Coast Boating Centers. ( I'm guessing its a 1900 Bay Max ) The Suzuki should be under warranty, GCBC is also a Zuke dealer but by no means does that mean you have to take it there for service.

You might want to find out where the boat was originally bought from and deal with them, I believe the other closest Tidewater dealer is Georges Watersports in Mobile.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>From my knowledge, I would check to see if you have a in line fuel filter, and make sure bunks on the trailer are correct set.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>This spring I sold my 27? and I bought a Cape Horn 17 from an individual who was discouraged after they had it fixfor a second timejust before I purchased it. They had boughtit New from Sunrise in 2004 for a little over $25k. It had been service twice by Sunrise for engine problems, mainly stemming from water in the fuel with invoices over $1Kfor eachvisit. Note: there was no inline filters on the boat, nor was there recommended on the either repair estimates or invoices that I seen. The estimate and invoice did have the under the cowl engine filters, injectors, dry gas (4 can each time), gasket, o-rings, etc but nothing regarding drain the fuel tank either. According to the invoices there was only 4 hours between repairs.It was noted on the second visit that it had been service the fall before about the same problems. The battery was replaced when I got it and it was the wrong size, according to specs from Yamaha and Cape Horn, but I can?t say that was due to owner or sunrise but you may want to check that out too.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>The other problem was the trailer bunk were not set correctly, according to Magic tilt and Cape Horn, when I contacted both of them and they were within 1? of each other for the bunks specs, yet the trailer bunks were set over 12? what both of them had stated and there was no sign they had been moved, same with the trailer guide on?s they weren?t space evenly to the frame, but those I could not tell if they had or had not been moved.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>First thing I did was drain the tankthat was over 3/4 tankfull, which netted a over a quart of water, installed a 10 micron in line fuel filter as well as repair and reset the bunks. I have since put on over 35% of the total hours it has now without a problem.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>If you are new to boating, check and make sure you have all the required safety equipment for the size of boat, and check the flare dates.<SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"> The Coast Guard sets a 42-month service life and expiration dates are stamped on the devices.Normally will not buy flares unless they have 3 years of service life left, and I buy in them in the spring because I forget to check in the dates in the fall.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Two years ago I went to Sunrise Marine hoping to buy a new Center Console in the 19'-22' range. This was before they had all the repos and they were way over priced. I ended up buying my boat online from a dealer in Supply, NC for about $5k less than I could get a similiar boat around this area. Now that they have the repos though I heard you can get some good deals.

Now as far as service I have had my boat there a few times since buying it since they are the local rep for Suzuki warranty work and I've been very impressed. For regular annual service their prices are no different than other dealers in the area and they do great warranty work. My lower unit locked up under way at about 40 mph and it snapped my drive shaft in two. I took my boat to Sunrise on Monday and they had parts ordered and replaced in under two weeks during the middle of the summer meaning I was without my boat for one weekend, hard to believe that fast of a turn around untilI toured their NASCAR style repair stalls at that back of the building. As far as annual service they usually get the boat back to me in a couple days if I've called ahead and let them know I was bringing it in. As far as service I think you'll do fine taking your boat there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts