Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Drew Mixon and I talked on the phone and my wife overheard some of my part of the conversation, and when I got off the phone she said, "Ya'll are pretty good friends aren't you?" and I replied "Yea, I think?" Anyway we had a short conversation about having friends that you have never met in person, and I told her about Ron (TunaMan) and others that I consider to be friends that I have never formally met. I don't think it's a bad thing as I look about like "shrek" and my 1st impression is alot better not in person.

This the case for the rest of you guys?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Garbo (11/6/2007)Last night Drew Mixon and I talked on the phone and my wife overheard some of my part of the conversation, and when I got off the phone she said, "Ya'll are pretty good friends aren't you?" and I replied "Yea, I think?" Anyway we had a short conversation about having friends that you have never met in person, and I told her about Ron (TunaMan) and others that I consider to be friends that I have never formally met. I don't think it's a bad thing as I look about like "shrek" and my 1st impression is alot better not in person.

This the case for the rest of you guys?
Obviously we can row the same boat. 5'11' 210 # and balding :)banghead:banghead). Then you know that by my pictures.:) My first impression to Susan..."Who the hell is that guy. Arrogant, outspoken SOB...get out of my face". Now,after 25 years of marriage, same arrogant, outspoken SOB, and now where do you think she wants my face:doh. I tell it like I see it,what can I say.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
There are dozens of people on this forum that I consider my friend even though I have never spoken to them and never even PM'd them. I say this because of the type of person they make themselves out to be here. It is pretty easy to see where most people come from and how they think. Of course we all fall down sometimes (myself very included, there are still a few beers I need to buy for folks) and that is normal, it is how you get back up that matters. Curtis you are one of those people that I consider a friend, even though we have never met or spoken, and if not my friend then at the very least someone who I would want to be my friend. Hmmmm... that sounds pretty mushy but it really sums up how I feel. I wish the distance was not so great, I would know a whole lot more of you guys, but through this forum I feel the kinship of many of the members.:toast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I know what you meen Curtis, when I first started on the forum the wife would fuss about the fact that all I talked about was the people that I havent even met on the forum. Finally we were able to come down and went to a get together at Mike(ultralights) house. Her exact words were that we would stop by and say hello but if she didnt like the people there we would leave. So it was around 3:00 pm when we arrived and we finally left Mikes house at around 4:00am.

Since then we have made numerous friends and now people that she has not met in person she will ask about.

Remind me sometime and I will tell you about the first time I met Ron in person. :doh:doh

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Remind me sometime and I will tell you about the first time I met Ron in person. :doh:doh

I think the world of Mike and Dale both. And about Ron, I have made it a personal goal to drive to Calera and fish the quary with him. Don't know when but one day that is gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Well I guess I might as well warn you then. After many talks on the phone and planning Myself , Ron , Michael(mpmorr) and some others set up a trip to Port Fourchon together. It was set that my wife would drop me off in Calera (about 20 miles away) to meet Ron and we would ride down together. Ron swears that he would pick me up but I live back in the woods so I tell him no that my wife will just drop me off. So the night before my wife gets called into work early so I get my son to run me over and drop me off. I pull up and get out and Ron comes over and shakes my hand and looks at my son driving and says "Sam I didnt know you were that way". :banghead:banghead:banghead:doh:doh

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love when I mention something like the similar......"This guy told me the other day that ____ is bitting out in ______ ft of water". Then my wife says, who? WOW, that starts an interesting conversation. If you fish and are not one of the Destin Charter Boat Captains that like to run people off of "their" spots, your a friend of mine. From a person whom has lived here for a few years, fishing would not be the same here without our friends on PFF we never meet. I always keep a lookout for guys on the water, with the exception of a few, the closest I have been to meeting someone on here is skipping through waves next to them. :letsdrink

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Another outstanding thread topic Curtis, there are several on here that I've never met but feel like I could sit down with and easily talk for hours.

I person, I tend to be a somewhat private person until I get to know someone but there are several folks on here that initial barrier will never exist with even though we've never personally met.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Not to get off track Curtis but I thought ya met Drew at the pirates tourney pre-party at hubs. Sorry if i'm not accurate,i know you were guarding the jig box from Chris'(harleyfisher) lurkin eyes. You definately missed out on meeting one of the premier members of this forum if ya didn't. Great post and gotta say i haven't met anyone from this forum I didn't like. Hope the feeling is mutual:moon

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are right Dan, and I am sorry for not being clear. My wifeknew that Drew and I have met, and that is what started the her and my conversation, that we are friends and we met due to the association of this forum. I stopped by to visit Drew last night, and have seen him several times, Jamie as well. But, we met via the Forum. And my wife finds it incredibly amazing that I could become friends with someone in this fashion. Thanks for bringing that up Dan.

There are several people on the forum that I consider to be friends of mine and would jump at the chance to go on a fishing trip with them if the oppertunity came up. Not long ago you could have told me that I would be writting these very words and I would have bet a large sum of money that you were wrong of me.

I am a firm believer that great people stand out, and there are alot of people that I have met as well as have not met on this forum that really stand out. Thanks to each of you.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
bamasam (11/6/2007)I know what you meen Curtis, when I first started on the forum the wife would fuss about the fact that all I talked about was the people that I havent even met on the forum. Finally we were able to come down and went to a get together at Mike(ultralights) house. Her exact words were that we would stop by and say hello but if she didnt like the people there we would leave. So it was around 3:00 pm when we arrived and we finally left Mikes house at around 4:00am.

Since then we have made numerous friends and now people that she has not met in person she will ask about.

that's what i'm talking about...another excellent topic curtis...i've met more folks on this forum and i want to meet more...i metmore people that night sam and remain in touch with most...never met a more generous, caring, genuine bunch of folks than off this forum...these bashes and get togethers are worth the effort to try and attend...i hope capt. scott reschedules his...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts