Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an amatuer luthier and have been building acoustic guitars for a little while. Was wondering if there were any other builders on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would love to get into it but I'm not at the right place in life for it right now. Those are beautiful instruments! Is the top one the same dimensions as a Martin 00028? I love auditorium style guitars! I also have a friend that has been wanting to get started. I guess the initial costs of the tools and work space are what's keeping him from giving it a try.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's a D-28 Martin copy on the right and an OM on the left in the first picture, second pic is an all mahogany OM lefty.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
How much? I would buy one?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Can't call myself a "luthier", but I have dabbled a bit. I built a couple of Stewart McDonald kits. The mandolin was kind of a flop, and the 5 string banjo came out awesome (some fancy neck inlay)! The only instrument I made from scratch is my 4 string bass. I guess the force was with me...the process was smooth....I was so afraid I'd screw something up...the closer I got to the finished bass, the more nervous I got, but she came out great. The finish has yellowed a bit over the almost 20 years (I've aged some too..LOL), the tiger maple popped a bit more when the finish was new. Awesome work on the guitars, no hooks!!!!

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Bass guitar Plucked string instruments

String instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts