Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I know they tore up the bonita on Saturday......not sure for the rest of the week though. You check the winds for this weekend Kane.....north wind all weekend!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just hope it calms the waves down enough to float a bait. If I

get a good report on fri morning then I'll be ready for some beach action. Are you going this weekend and by the way I came by sikes the other night when it was cold as hell (thurs.) around 9:30 did'nt see any life forms on the bridge.:doh The wind was howlin 100 mph out of theENE though it would have been a miseable fish off the bridge.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Oh I was out there, all the way at the end. I'm sure you saw my Durango in the parking lot. It was cold and the fish were not biting in any way. Dang bait wouldn't even thaw out...haha. Packed it in at about 11 to go grab a bite to eat and then tried another spot for an hour. I plan on going out early Saturday morning to try for some Pomp. I might fish the T pier friday night....not sure yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,843 Posts
true-king (1/13/2008)
kanemano (1/9/2008)Anyone doing any good at the beach pier?
bonita were slow today, came in late and weren't biting much. i managed to get one though...
i think i saw you walk by me today, you'fe got a silver staal on a blue/black gator?

i hung a tarpon that was about 15lbs, no shit..... TMASS saw it, so did JLmass... other than that, a bunch of no-eater boneatersss

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
VS200B (1/13/2008)i think i saw you walk by me today, you'fe got a silver staal on a blue/black gator?

i hung a tarpon that was about 15lbs, no shit..... TMASS saw it, so did JLmass... other than that, a bunch of no-eater boneatersss
yeah, that was me.

where did you hook that tarpon?

·
Super Moderator
12,843 Posts
waist deep water, up on the beach. ... i actually was just walking out to look (didn't bring a rod:doh) so i called TMASS and had him bring me one.... that tarpon was just chillin under the pier... got a jump out of 'em...

he was in dire need of a map because that b*tch was LOST!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its real simple actually. The bait and leader are coiled into the box you put your rel on freespool let the wind blow the box out to where ya want it and then reel and pull on theline till it dumps the box over or the bait falls out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts