Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to learn a knot a week. Any of you as horribly addicted to new knots as me? It's sad I know. I always keep line with me in my EDC bag. I can't help myself.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,126 Posts
Back when I had a cabinet shop, I kept every knot that came out of the solid lumber. I glued them to a board, had quite a collection.

Does this count or "knot"? :whistling:

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I use the figure 8 on a bite all the time pulling equipment out from being stuck.
You can hook on a hook from another and it is so strong. Serves the point.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I use the same knot for fishing that my grandfather taught me years ago. Twist 8 times make a loop, then go threw the loop you just made. That's what have always called the fishermans knot.
It has always worked for me.
It really works to be good and fast at knots when you take people fishing and they get hung up all day long. I have gotten pretty quick at putting together full leaders from scratch to get people back in the water, so I can get back to fishing.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I can tie a fisherman's knot and a half hitch. That is about it. I really should learn more knots.
I was helping a friend tie some things down during a move and he referred to my knots as "Hatchet Knots". It takes a Hatchet to untie them.:whistling:

·
Endangered Red
510 Posts
Good tools to know. I used an Albright knot to connect a broken tow line on a skimmer during the oil spill. Should have seen the look on those guys faces when I tied that one together with 1/2 line! They asked if I was sure it would work and of course said yes as I threw it over and then ducked when it started picking up tension and tightened 1/4 of original size. I used to have the Columbia app on my iPhone which was ok for fishing knots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a pretty cool app on my iPhone called whatknot by Columbia lets you pick a type of knot and then a variety of choices gives a description of each one then step by step instructions for tying to include pictures. Oh and it was free.

Attachments

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well im glad im not the only one that enjoys a good knot!

ProKnot App is a great app and my favorite. Its made by the folks at NetKnots.com. Over 100 knots.

·
Blue man fishing Inc.
1,418 Posts
"Fisherman's knot" and the "double-uni" is all I've needed so far. I love them both, have yet to break one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts