Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Got into some this past Saturday with a strong southwest wind. Still fishable!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Saw some at Grayton Beach Sunday while hanging with momma and chasin minnows around eastern lake with the little one. Although it was still fishable, watched the guy next to us catch a few small whiting. Second week of June it is historically pretty bad. Thats a month away so a lot can changes. Really depends on the wind and what beach you are at that day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heading down second week of June...thanks in advance.

Sounds like the grass has come in force. I specifically am planning on fishing in the Orange
Beach area. Any bad news on grass in that area? I hate to come down and not be able to fish from the surf/beach. Might delay our trip till later in the summer. Any advice on when or if the grass will start to leave? I came down in October of last year and it was clear of grass. Bummed.......thanks for any advice in advance!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unsure on Orange Beach but from Pcola eastward it's thick. Still I remember fishing nearby Perdido Key area mid June, last year and it was clear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No June Grass in Gulf Shores this past weekend 5/19 -21 but the sargassum was starting to thicken. Very fishable Friday and Sat, not so much on Sun.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts