Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Before i left on deployment i was absolutely crushing from my yak with a shiny clear mirror bottom/black top yo zuri minnow diver...slow trolled 2-3 mph. Bonito every trip, big jacks kings, spanish...it was the hot lure for neashore this season for sure!
I'm on Okinawa for the first time now...you got any pointers for shore fishing or pole spear (snorkeling)?
I wish I did have some tips man. I'm green AF and have a speargun sitting here that I've never even completely loaded yet.

Best advice I can give (having also been to Oki) is make friends with the locals and learn what they're doing.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've got a buddy here that i met up with from the forum and has been awesome...coronavirus shut us down from going on a charter together. I'm interested in how you make bonito tasty tho, other than bleeding gills, and other than poke...I'll pass on the bonito poke for sure haha...PM me so it doesn't hijack your thread

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Yesterday's kingfish in an herbed tomato-garlic broth.

NGL, this was f_cking delicious.

I will try a bled out bonito in this recipe next time I cross paths with one. It should work well if I up the garlic and herbs, or bring in some sauvignon blanc.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts