Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a sea doo fish pro and am getting started with fishing off it.

I'd love to go out on the water with someone who knows what they are doing a bit more than I do.

I usually go out of shoreline boat park in gulf breeze.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldn’t say that I know what I’m doing, but I’ve been out a few times on my Yamaha. I haven’t ventured to far into the gulf yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, nice to meet you.

Did you catch any fish?

I caught a cobia the one time I went out with the fishing gear. Caught him on a little mullet plug. He wasn't that big so I let him go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love it so far. I actually want to start spearfishing off it also but don't know jackus about how to get started. It has a VERY large deck in the back. Even with the cooler on, there's still a fantastic amount of floor space there.

I actually plan to do some overnight trips out to Destin. With the wife onboard, but also on her own ski when she gets it next year.

Hit crab island, fish a bit, have a nice dinner, party and come home the next day. Something like that.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I bought a sea doo fish pro and am getting started with fishing off it.

I'd love to go out on the water with someone who knows what they are doing a bit more than I do.

I usually go out of shoreline boat park in gulf breeze.
I think that FishPro hull design looks pretty cool. Someday....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on going out this weekend out of shoreline park if anyone would like to team up. Either Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caught a bonito, three spanish, one king and two cobias. All were little or only just a bit over so they went back in.

I got a REALLY big hit that just shredded my 30# braid. If I'm going to do this kind of fishing I'm thinking of just going to wire entirely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even on my kayak, I’d be running a stele leader if I was trolling the Gulf.

Is anyone going out tomorrow?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lesson learned, wire inbound. For the 30 seconds I had that thing on, I was confident it was a rather bad ass fish.

I'm smoked like a cheap cigar from today or I'd damn sure join you tomorrow. Forecasts and wave look good for you.

Where do you put in?

If you want to talk about next weekend, I'm open both days brother. Post or send me a PM.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It depends on where I’m going. I spend a lot of time in the East bay and sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's keep it on topic. Next will be to set up for spearfishing.

I'm thinking I need only a lycra here, and am looking at a 90 in terms of a gun. Any other advice to get started?

I'm probably going to set up with a hookah rig initially and move on to full scuba later.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I launch out of Shoreline often and would be up for a trip out in the Gulf. I’m heading out tomorrow around 8am for about 6 or 7 hours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice to meet you.

That floorboard looks familiar....

I work M-F mostly, but will be going out at least one day a weekend. I'll ping ya as it approaches.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Depending on weather and family I’m usually free and heading out early on Sundays as well.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Years ago I had a 4seater Sea Doo caked the LRV . It had a small sunpad area on the back that covered a gull wing type of opening with a huge storage area,. It would hold fishing rods up to 7 ' long ! I actually installed a trolling motor mount on the back floor area and put the battery in the rear storage area ( the motor easily stored in t5he storage area as well ). It was awesome to take out and wade fish as well -- just tied a tow rope around my waist , hop in and go fishing. In those days I fished a lot around Grand Isle in Louisiana fishing around some islands and close in rigs . The jet ski was perfect for that. Damn -- now I miss it !

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've always seen guys on jet skis buzzing and aggravating fishermen so I never thought about somebody actually fishing off one. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe you guys can influence the rest for good. Either that or run 'em down and whip their ##### for the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts