Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kazadius Quantarious
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a foreclosure, tore out the carpet, the wood underneath didnt look too bad, any guys refinish/paint/polyurethane or whatever flooring on here??

House is under 1000 sq ft.

I just basically want whatever can be done most economically and look the best

·
Registered
541 Posts
BananaTom is correct. You'll spend quite a bit of money & time trying to refinish those floors and if it's going to be a rental, your renters will probably not take care of them properly. I love hardwood - but would never allow it in a rental. Buy some inexpensive carpet - you can probably replace it several times for what you'll spend on refinishing.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have sanded and refinished some older homes. They all turned out beautiful. A lot of hard work. If you are renting I would stay away from wood. If you are going to live there way your options. They are "beautiful" but there was a reason someone put carpet over it. Expensive to refinish. Also expect higher energy cost, if you have allergy's stay away from hard surfaces. As an added expense wood floors require recoating them to keep them looking beautiful. 1000 sq. ft. $3500 to $5000 to refinish. You can d.i.y. and save or hire someone for beer money. Good luck saku39

1 - 5 of 5 Posts