Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody ever uses rattling antlers or bags around here? I have tried them very little with no luck. This this being pre and early rut, it is supposed to be the best time of deer season to call bucks in. I have some spots on blackwater and eglin where you can see a ways, since they are said to come in down wind, makes sense, I was going to try it out this weekend.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
baldona523 (1/19/2010)Just wondering if anybody ever uses rattling antlers or bags around here? I have tried them very little with no luck. This this being pre and early rut, it is supposed to be the best time of deer season to call bucks in. I have some spots on blackwater and eglin where you can see a ways, since they are said to come in down wind, makes sense, I was going to try it out this weekend.

I personally have had 0 luck rattling....i think you would have better luck when you can find a spot that normally holds alot of does...the bucks will find the hot does...and if your in a spot with alot of does the bucks should be there

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I tried 3 times this year and nothing. 5 years ago in Georgiana, al I rattled in a 8 point and it was very cool but that was the only time.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My teeth rattled last weekend burr!! If you never try it you will never know! Hunt aggresive and you will stay more focused. Rattle,grunt,bleat, you never know what mood that bucks in he could come a runnin. Ive killed 2 of my biggest bucks blind grunting and if i was not aggresive with it i would not have killed them! Make sure your tree has plenty of cover and thick around the bottom. When you call to a deer they hunt YOU! Good Luck

·
Professional bad ass
527 Posts
I have never tried rattling but I do use a grunt call. It works good as long as you don't overdo it or use to deep of a call.

·
Registered
342 Posts
have tried both with just luck on the grunt but you will still catch me carrying the horns to the tree. never know but every mans dreams could be just a rattle or grunt away just dont over do it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts