Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try my hand at building a few ARs, milling and drilling 80% lowers and assembling the rifles. I've got a jig, bits and tools, along with all the parts to build three rifles of different barrel lengths and styles. Any tips for an old beginner?

·
Super Moderator
19,827 Posts
You won’t see many people doing those much anymore. With the price of stripped lowers now days there isn’t much benefits. Unless you wanna Be OfF ThE BoOkS.

·
Praedator
10,007 Posts
Yeah, I just put a complete lower and complete pistol upper together for less than $300. At that price, I'll do that all day long.

I've put all the parts together before. But never from an 80%.

Good luck. Sounds like a good project if you have the proper jig and tools to make it happen.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You won’t see many people doing those much anymore. With the price of stripped lowers now days there isn’t much benefits. Unless you wanna Be OfF ThE BoOkS.
Pretty good reason the way things are going.

Reactions: MULLET HUNTER

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just put a complete lower and complete pistol upper together for less than $300. At that price, I'll do that all day long.

I've put all the parts together before. But never from an 80%.

Good luck. Sounds like a good project if you have the proper jig and tools to make it happen.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Nice looking weapon. Palmetto State has the best deals on most things and seems to stand behind what they sell.

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts
I've built a few dozen over the years for myself, and friends. It's definitely fun if you like to tinker, though the tolerances aren't as good as a quality factory rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Praedator
10,007 Posts
Nice looking weapon. Palmetto State has the best deals on most things and seems to stand behind what they sell.
I look elsewhere and always just end up back at them for a lot of things! Lifetime warranty and I have yet to use it. Everything goes bang I've bought from them without a hiccup so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts