Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming down at the end of the month for a week, I have been browsing the site, excellent!! I have been doing research on reading the beach, but this will be the first time attempting to surf fish. I'm from Ohio and the closest I get is Lake Erie. We will be staying in Navarre, so any tips you guys may have, im all ears. Not sure what I should Ben targeting that time of year? Also I would like to fish the sound, would love to catch some flounder and reds.

Basically I don't care what I catch just want to catch some fish while I'm here. Would love to catch some good eating fish, we are renting a house so I'd like to cook it for the family. But I would love to catch something with some pull to it. I fish big cat fish on the Ohio river a lot, routinely catch 30-50lb cats. I want to know if a 30-50lb saltwater fish fights better than a fresh water? Talk request?

Thanks a lot in advance guys! Also my schedule (6/23-6/30) is completely open. Wife said she just wants to be at the beach so that leaves me open. If anyone would want to show the green guy a few things I would be extremely grateful

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's not what I wanted to hear lol, what other options do I have? I'm willing to drive to fish. Is the grass bad in the sound or just the gulf side?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts