Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I gave up on my quarterly pest control company when they notified me their $65 a quarter was going up. True I have no bugs but it seemed excessive to me. still retain them for a termite bond, I guess

·
Registered
275 Posts
I gave up on my quarterly pest control company when they notified me their $65 a quarter was going up. True I have no bugs but it seemed excessive to me. still retain them for a termite bond, I guess
I did likewise. Same with the lawn people. They were $700 a year and my lawn was full of weeds.
I still have those weeds and my $700. :)

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,275 Posts
I ain't got none inside the house, but there was a time when those black ants tried to take over the yard, then some bigger ones tried moving in near the back door. Fast running boogers they were.
I always use AMDRO Fire Ant Killer for the piss ants. So I bought some AMDRO ANT BLOCK, it's for killing Black Ants, and it killed the snot out of them.
They eat it and take it back to the mound and feed it to the queens. They ALL die in time. The bigger the nest, the longer it takes, but it Will Kill them.
Just sprinkle some out where you normally see them in the house. They'll find it and it'll be gone within a short time. So will the ants, Gone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Concur with the Amdro. Buy the one in the white plastic container ($20.00). Dont sprinkle it any closer than 3' from the mound, or where you are seeing them, because they will spook and move. Dont take much, so sprinkle lightly. They will haul it to the mound and feed the egg layer, which shuts down the colony. Works very well, but its important to do it correctly. Pick a day with 6 hours before a rain, or you'll have to re-apply.
Shipoke

·
Jaded Old Phart
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Bah, little bastards came back from behind stove. Sprayed and soap/water on trails. :mad:

ETA Just found huge mound next to the house that wasn't there 2-3 days ago. Dug into mound, dumped in Orthene and covered back up.
DIE you little bastards.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have had good luck with Raid Ant Gel.
Don't we have a pest expert here?
Been fighting black ants for a week.
Put out Terro, seemed to knock them back a bit.
Looking up at recessed lights in ceiling, there's a bunch of them around a light.
They have been traveling thru the woodwork apparently.
Can't find mound outside so assuming the buggers are under the foundation.

Not sure if I should trust the companies stopping by that seem to just spray along the outside of house.
There's pictures I can post but will wait for reply.

Thanks.
Have had good luck with Raid Ant Gel.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
You’ll need a non repellent spray. It’s a restricted use pesticide. The active ingredient is Fipronil. The ants don’t run from it, they actually come in lethal contact with it. 47 years of professional experience here.
Fipronil is the best stuff for ants. Expensive stuff but works great

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sportsman 247
27 Posts
Lots of good suggestions here! One thing to consider is toxicity to pets if you have any, especially cats since they lick their paws a lot. Bifen is supposed to be safer than most of the others.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,275 Posts
Bah, little bastards came back from behind stove. Sprayed and soap/water on trails. :mad:

ETA Just found huge mound next to the house that wasn't there 2-3 days ago. Dug into mound, dumped in Orthene and covered back up.
DIE you little bastards.
Gasoline, instant kill.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts