Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen this coming in Pensacola pass this AM?. Zoom in to see the Tug towing a big ship. Nothing sticking up off ship except in the stern. Tug was making 3 knots at best chain towing. Anyone have any information on it please post. Would make a nice shallow water wreck.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Zoomed in picture

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
That isn't going to be a wreck. It is my new center console that I ordered. They were towing it to have outboards put on it. I'm going to put 12 Yamaha 425s on it.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Yep ................. It's the Mass.
They are having to tow the damn thing out and put it back in it's place.

Actually it's probably going to a ship salvage somewhere. If it were being sunk around here we would have heard about it before now.
To be cut up for scrap steel.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,888 Posts
Its a loaded ocean going “2 piece” unit, ocean barge being pulled on a tow line. The boat fits into a notch on the stern of the barge. The structure you see on the aft end of vessel houses diesel powered vertical deep well pumps.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a loaded ocean going “2 piece” unit, ocean barge being pulled on a tow line. The boat fits into a notch on the stern of the barge. The structure you see on the aft end of vessel houses diesel powered vertical deep well pumps.
Makes sense to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Wait, what heck did you say. Dumb it down for me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts