Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
after a long hot crawfish boil, when your hands start to stinking, I always go back to what my Uncle Greg taught me. Saltine crackers and fresh lemon juice. Just mash them up and scrub your hands with them. It lights up all the cuts on your hands, but you smell good as new. It probably works the same with fish guts, or that smell you can get when your play on Cervantes at night.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use Windex or any other cheap glass cleaner. Keep a bottle in my truck. Works on fish, grease or anything else that soap won't remove.

oh yeah, it also cleans glass too

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey thanks for the info. I cant stand the smell of fish guts on my hands and I try everything but nothing seems to work. Ill give this a try next time I clean fish.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Squeeze the juice out of a fresh lime an wash your hand with it but, watch out if you have any cuts though it'll sting a little!

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
After years of trying many get-the-fish-smell-off-your-hands remedies, I finally found the one that works best for me ..... dandruff shampoo - cheap Wally World "Equate" brand works fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last time this question came up, I decided my plan was gonna be the toothpaste, but has anyone tried the vanilla idea for our hands yets?
Vanilla works great on your hands. Use it on a sponge in the fix box too!
It is not the cheapest product, but it works

21 - 34 of 34 Posts