Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our members grunted in this gorgeous 9-point around 5:15 tonight. Deer only weighed 135#, but sported some impressive headgear. Bladed brow tines, G2's were 8", really symmetrical and long main beams, plus NO broken points. We're guessing the deer will score in the 120's. A couple of years of letting small bucks walk has really started to pay off for the Rocky Branch Hunt Club.

Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dang he is a nice buck for sure! We really do have some good bucks coming out of the north end of Escambia this season! CONGRATS to the member that put the smackdown on him!:clap

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Kingfish53 (2/2/2010)Where is Rocky Branch hunting club located?
Off Quintette road, west of the river - but I am sure Ed can give you a more specific outline of the entire property. Man, they have taken some good bucks in the last couple years! Ed, wasn't yours last year 20"+ inside??? :usaflag

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey I just thought of something, I bet that deercame out, didn't see that other fella{you know the one who got outbecausehe couldn' kill 7 deer 7 point and under this year}sittin up in that big tree fort ,thought "well he's gone everthings cool" and boom! Death in a ground blind. sorry i know thats wrong but i had to get that in therefor thefew who can appreciate the irony.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice buck Donald! I was putting steaks on the grill yesterday afternoon and BOOM ! Scared the crap out of me

:clap

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
7mmbrowningman (2/2/2010)
Kingfish53 (2/2/2010)Where is Rocky Branch hunting club located?
Off Quintette road, west of the river - but I am sure Ed can give you a more specific outline of the entire property. Man, they have taken some good bucks in the last couple years! Ed, wasn't yours last year 20"+ inside??? :usaflag
Chuck,

You're right about the deer, but (unfortunately) wrong about the hunter. I wish it was me but Quintettecrackerjack actually took that 9-point, he was 21" inside. Here's a picture of his son with the wide buck:

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
There are some niceun's coming outta there.....All ya'll in that club, has Regan killed any yet??? I ain't talked to that joker in a while....:letsdrink I was only in that club 1 year and saw1 big ole buck but like my luck goes never got a shot at him!!!:doh:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wanted to add an update - taxidermist gross scored the buck at 122 and 3/8". Would only have about 3-4" of deductions, so he will netclose to 120. Guess the bar has been raised for the rest of us in this club....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts