Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times this season my wife's last words to me as I was heading out the door to go hunt were, "Don't shoot anything". First time she said it I killed a little basket-racked 7-point, the next time I killed a 210# hog. Tonight, the third time was the charm. This afternoon I was sitting asmall food plot in the planted pines where I have seen a doe and a buck yearling nearly every sit. Tonight at 4:00, I see the yearling cross the food plot about 60 yards away by himself, so I'm thinking maybe his momma is in heat and a buck chased him off.... About an hour later, I see another deer cross from left to right, and I was pretty sure it was the doe, so I got ready to get my gun up. Just then, this buck stepped out and stood in the middle of the food plot right next to an estrous wick I had hung up earlier. He must have seen me move, cause he was locked in on me, but I already had him in my sights. The ballistic tip did its job, he went maybe 50 yards and piled up.

Our club is turning out some nice bucks for the second year in a row. This one was 15" wide, and weighed right at 155#. His neck was swollen and his tarsals were just starting to get black and stinky. He also had a buckshot pellet just under the skin on his neck, so he's been shot at before.

Ed

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mullet Man, Rocky Branch Hunt Club is located off of Rocky Branch Road,which isa dirt road off Quintette Road just before the river.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts