Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out around 8pm ish and hit some spots til around 12am. Specks finally started breaking the surface so I tried fishing the bottom to catch the cruising reds. Had about 20 specks caught some small a few good ones and tons of hook ups with reds. Boat 8 reds only 1 worth keeping and hewas pushing 26". Lots of action some good fillets in the freezer and sure to get back at it soon. It is getting better and better as the weather get warmer. Here are some pics i got off in the no stop action

Couldnt photo tag everything these were just a few. Next time maybe ill have a partner to help take a few more pictures. I'm just not your Da Vinci with a camera but itll do

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
Great catches dude!!! I have never caught a spec, so you're gonna have to let me in on some places you catchem sometime. How far out into Mobile Bay are you fishing anyways?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice man. We deffinatly gotta get out there this weekend well i'm home. I was thinking about trying the gulf one morning to if the weather cooperates

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was throwing gulp new pen jerks on 1/8 weighted worm hook and pink curl tail large grub on 1/4 jighead. all fish were lazy so almost drug everything on bottom with bumps. i missed several reds and just hit lone pilings after barnacle scraping to start a chum line. its worked so far regadless of tide and time

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been fishing the whole eastern shore. Daphne around dell williamson all the way to ICW entrance and oyster bay. just testing all of my spots to see whats hot early

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im trying to save up some side cash for a boga grip...i havent heard good things about the other knock off cheap grips. Any recommendations on a good slightly cheap alternative to the boga...?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Nope, get a boga. No point in getting a fish lipper that unhinges when a fish starts thrashing. It's peace of mind knowing that a fish isn't gonna come unglued once you've got him lipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts