Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my blackwater reportfor the AM. Brant has the PM.I didn't get a super early start that i wanted but it didn't seem to matter. The tide was a little higher than it's been lately , so i got to fish a few areas i can't normally get into and it really paid off. My first slot fish was a thick 26" red that put up a good fight. I'm really happy with my new stradic 3000, the drag is so smooth. A couple of minutes later i got another red that was 19" in the same area and moved on to another spot i've done well at. In this area i got a 21" and a couple of rats . I wanted to try trolling for some specks before i headed home and caught 5 short ones before i headed in at 11:00AM.

·
Banned
464 Posts
Red Fish keep it real, don't they!!!?? Good looking fish:clap

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice report and thanks. The fish seen to be either in deep holes or on the flats. What kind of terrain did you catch yours? Also, several reports rave about catching most reds on a Johnson gold spoon, but I think jig/grub/bottom would be best. What do you think?

Thanks..................AJ

·
Registered
129 Posts
i just got my motor fixed on my little 14 ft jon boat and i am gunna head out there for some fun action like all of yall are gettin

see yall out there!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ajerv (12/28/2007)Nice report and thanks. The fish seen to be either in deep holes or on the flats. What kind of terrain did you catch yours? Also, several reports rave about catching most reds on a Johnson gold spoon, but I think jig/grub/bottom would be best. What do you think?

Thanks..................AJ
all the redfish were on the flats in less than 2' of water. They were all caught on nuclear chicken gulps . After reading eric H article in the paper about muddy bottoms holding the heat better , i moved away from the river mouth sandbars and tried some areas that fit the description eric talked about. All three slot fish were sight casted . They weren't tailing but they did let me know where they were.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts