Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a boat with an Evinrude 2-stroke 200hp last Sept. and have used it quite a-bit over the last year. I dont have an owners manual for it and i cant seem to find one online. My question is: what kind of annual maintenance needs to be done, and is it something I can do myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Plugs, Compression Check, Sync and link the carbs, lower unit lube and decarbon. General check of all hoses, wires,and linkage. New water/fuel seperator, assuming you have one. Install one if you don't. Spray entire motor down with CRC 6 56. You can pick up a service manual (Clymer) at West Marine or if you are close to Navarre I can order you one.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You can pick up a service manual (Clymer) at West Marine or if you are close to Navarre I can order you one.

While that is true. A Evinrude "Factory" manual is a MUCH better investment. You order it from the dealer. While your at it order the "Parts" manual too. It's only about $16 to $20 more.

The parts manual will give a complete explosion of the motor with the factory part numbers. This is the same info that the dealer has on micro fish.

Evinrude has the best Factory manuals out there of all the manufactures that I have seen.

Clymer manuals are a reprint from the factory manual with a LOT of stuff missing.

The senerio goes like this. You buy a Clymer manual and you need more info. WSo you turn around and buy the factory for more money to get that info.

Save your money. Just buy the factory manual to begin with. The extra $20 to $30 more you spend on that Factory manual is well worth it if your going to be keeping the motor for a while.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What year is the Evinrude? This being the first year you have owned the boat I would suggest that you let a professional give it a good annual service check.

My name is Mike and I work at Wills Marine of Pensacola 1200 Barrancas Ave. Give us a call or just bring your boat in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts