Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saturday with a crew of 5 and it turned out to be a beautiful fishy day! Caught a pile of menhaden, and off we went. Had hopes of catching Grouper on one of my live bottom spots, but caught nothing but BIG Snapper. Our average Snapper was close to 20, with the largest being 30+. My clients got worn out, and it was time for a change of plans. While I was rigging for Triggers, a beautiful 6' Tiger Shark swam up to the boat. I flipped a Menhaden out on a spinner, and it was game on! 20 minutes later we had him boatside and I popped the mono leader off for a clean release. Beautiful fish to say the least! We spent the rest of the day catching short Triggers, bunches of white Snapper for the box, a gorgeous Lane Snapper, a short Cobia, and saw a giant leatherback turtle. Outstanding time had by all! Waiting on some pics, so just the tiger for now!

Whale shark Marine mammal Cetacea Whale Marine biology

Whale shark Marine mammal Cetacea Dolphin Marine biology

Recreation

·
Bearded Brotula
14,098 Posts
Congrats on the clean release! Gotta love those tigers!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the water is very blue. Was it? All we found was green water.
Its just the way the pics look. Clean green 5 miles south of the beach way east of Pensacola. It was pretty though.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Very well done captain... Have heard really good things about your charters!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mickey always puts everything into his charters! I've fished with him three times and recommend him to anyone wanting a good trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts