Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Deeplines (1/15/2010)Here's some triva that most likely on the navy folks now but the CHAIN is what keeps the Aircraft Crarrier in place NOT THE ANCHOR. Of course the rope is a chain on on a navy ship but the chain stacked upon chain is what holds the ship in place not the anchor. An that is one big anchor. :usaflag
Murf you are partialy correct, However you get a carrier or any large Navy ship in any current,Wind or heavy seas and the anchor will be dug into the bottom. I've swam enough of them out to know that. I have also seen what you are talking about in Naples harbor. The anchor just sitting on the bottom without even falling over. I've also seen med moors in Naples where 5 or 6 ships are med moored with anchors out and a dumb ass Captain will lay his anchor across the other anchors. Guess who get to clear all that crap..:doh

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I will say buy twice as much as you think you'll need. Someday, you'll need it. 3/8 three strand is all you need, and it can be spliced. Hook your anchor backwards and use a ball.

Skip

21 - 22 of 22 Posts