Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day of fishing yesterday. First offshore trip I’ve ever done. Everyone got nice AJs and a whole mess of beeliners. Now if I could only figure out how to catch something from the beach

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts
Somebody’s got some sore arms today.
Good trip.

Reactions: FL Aggie

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Nice reef donkeys! Someone visited backache ridge.

Reactions: FL Aggie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a great day of fishing yesterday. First offshore trip I’ve ever done. Everyone got nice AJs and a whole mess of beeliners. Now if I could only figure out how to catch something from the beach
congratulations you are no longer a rookie well you still a rookie at least untill the end of the year.

I haven't really felt like deep sea fishing lately mainly due to the storm and the skin eating bacteria. I'd feel guilty cruising around having a good time while others are suffering.

dam I thought AJs & triggers was closed way to much crape to keep up w/ BS regulations can I catch or not? how do you Guys keep up w/ all the closures?

I look at the FWC regulation I assume the green is OK to catch/keep?and is this website updated daily.
like if I plan a cruise on Monday can I use this FWC reg. that day I check the regs. then when AJs is closed early I can preplan next cruise at least one day in advance.STB

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use Fish Rules app. Seems to be pretty accurate.
is Fish Rules app looks good is it officially endorsed by the FWC?

look like a paid app.?

I still use the printed AL & FL regs, however there's a good possibility whats printed gets changed.
on the regs in both AL & FL it's not fair to the angler to be expected to have net access just to check regs.just saying

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
is Fish Rules app looks good is it officially endorsed by the FWC?

look like a paid app.?

I still use the printed AL & FL regs, however there's a good possibility whats printed gets changed.
on the regs in both AL & FL it's not fair to the angler to be expected to have net access just to check regs.just saying
I don't know about official endorsement, but I do know at least one person who said FWC pulled the app up on their phone while they were discussing regs with him during a routine stop. So at least one FWC officer uses it, for whatever that's worth.

I don't recall it being a paid app. I think the free version has some ads in it but tbh I don't even notice them.

Fair or not, the printed regs just aren't going to be as up to date as something that gets updated all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts