Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Saturday morning we’re on the bridge rubble SE of the pass. Another boat was 50-60 yards from me. Both of us catching fish. This blue center console is coming right to us. No problem...public number and plenty of space. Instead of powering down, he stays on plane and zips right between us and keeps going South. I’m thinking...seriously? Why would he do that? How does it make sense to not steer around us instead of going between us?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Scalloping over in St. Joe bay a few weeks back, had three run right through a fleet of anchored boats with dive flags up and people in the water. Just the grace of God no one was killed. Told an FWC officer at the ramp who showed absolutely no interest.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Have had my trolled baits cut off twice. We were 15 miles or so out, without another boat anywhere around. Except for the ass-jack that couldn't be bothered to adjust his AP a degree or two. The 2nd one I was ready and free-spooled all the line into his props. Cost me a couple of bucks but was worth it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
No, you are not wrong. General public is self-centered and I don't see it getting any better in the future.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
It's all about the "ME" syndrome. I try hard everyday to forgive the ignorance of people to save my sanity. Then when I have the opportunity to talk to them, I can't believe Darwin didn't take them yet. Then again, the differences are what makes the world go round.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I ask myself that all the time, is it that they are that dumb or that selfish.

While some are both the majority are just that selfish and self centered with no thought about how their actions affect other people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Haven't been offshore since june 2016. Partly because of shit like that. Whole gulf and people will run right up on somebody.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
You been out there long enough to know idiots are everywhere!

Reactions: Hook and KPTN

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
This is why I have always fished away from public numbers and deep. Years ago had a 40+ boat not give way so instead of following him I just got on the radio and told him he needs to take the safe boating course. Fish deep and away!

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,984 Posts
Now all of you know that the idiot driving the vehicle that did stupid stuff that caused you to cuss them out owns a boat too.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Boat captain too lazy to come off course, not looking out, or maybe doesn't know how to turn off autopilot, some pilots like that too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts