Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our boat club has two small Sailfish 1900 bay boats. Neither have Power-poles. The transom mount micro-pole won't work either. Any ideas on an easy to deploy/retrieve anchor system for bay fishing?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Our boat club has two small Sailfish 1900 bay boats. Neither have Power-poles. The transom mount micro-pole won't work either. Any ideas on an easy to deploy/retrieve anchor system for bay fishing?
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and pickup a ground rod about 6' long, drill a hole in the end for your rope and wala a Cajun Power Pole. Stick or throw in the mud or sand and cleat it off. Will not work in the sand at the beach.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of assumed a stake out pole would just get pulled out, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and pickup a ground rod about 6' long, drill a hole in the end for your rope and wala a Cajun Power Pole. Stick or throw in the mud or sand and cleat it off. Will not work in the sand at the beach.
Unless you have pretty low gunwhales, I'd go with something longer than 6 feet. I have a couple 8 foot stake-out type poles and they only help me in the skinniest waters I fish in because after adding the depth of the water to my boat's freeboard, the poles don't stick up much above the cleat.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Cajun anchor works 10x better than the stakeout poles, I don't even keep my stakeout stick in the skiff anymore.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,776 Posts
I think I'd just stay with the old fashion sand (fluke) anchor and 3/8" rope. The bay isn't always slick and when it starts getting a bit rough, I don't think a power anchor will hold all that great, but idk, maybe it will?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts