Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much on here, but I do lurk quite often to sneek peeks at pictures, and learn new things! But this I had to share because I am so incredibly happy I think I would tell anyone that would listen!

Last year I found out that I needed to have a nerve in my arm re-routed, which means I was looking at sitting out hunting season..I was able to beg my surgeon to give me at least 2 weeks of bow season, which was even pressing my luck as far as he was concerened. So I hunted hard those two weeks and hardly missed a day. On Oct. 29 I watched as two nice bucks started walking through the woods towards me, not 15 yrds before they turned and started eating acorns...dark was fast approaching and I was losing shooting light quickly. Just as it was almost too dark, they stepped out and I got a shot on one of the bucks. I was so excited!!! I got out of the stand a short time later, but found no arrow...no blood. I was heartbroken.
The next morning I came back to try and look again, I didn't find my arrow but I found a blood trail! I started trailing blood and found very few spots, and a couple of really nice piles where he laid down at some point...I started feeling good about it, and just knew I would find him. Well my property ended, and another property began, and sure enough that is where I lost blood and didn't have permission to go on this land. As you can imagine I was heartbroken, lost sleep and started questioning all the things that led up to that shot....
FAST FORWARD almost a year later, I finally met the property owners, and he asked if I had shot a deer last year...I told him about my buck, and he got the biggest grin on his face and descibed a nice 6pt that he stumbed accross about 65yrds into his property.
Yesterday he brought him to me and I couldn't be more excited!!!!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
wow..congrats, glad you got him back.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats to you !!!!! That had to be a gooooood feeling when you knew he had been found. Very nice buck and it's great to see you bow hunting...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still can't stop smiling... such a good feeling but I hate that I was so close to him!!!! But the nerve is healed, and I got the green light from the doc, so this season I plan to make the most of it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats! So does that mean you'll maybe have permission in the future to keep tracking if it jumps the property line? I'd think the neighbor would've appreciated your having respected their property rights and see you as a responsible hunter.
Congrats again - glad to hear you're back in the game following surgery.:thumbup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! So does that mean you'll maybe have permission in the future to keep tracking if it jumps the property line? I'd think the neighbor would've appreciated your having respected their property rights and see you as a responsible hunter.
Congrats again - glad to hear you're back in the game following surgery.:thumbup:
Yes! Full permission and also offered to help if needed too!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not trying to be a troll here but, I'm trying to understand the happiness over finding a deer a year after it was shot, lost and left to rot, and the horns aren't that big and too weathered to mount.......................

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,992 Posts
Not trying to be a troll here but, I'm trying to understand the happiness over finding a deer a year after it was shot, lost and left to rot, and the horns aren't that big and too weathered to mount.......................

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, Mr. RandyM

Anything I shoot with a bow is a trophy! :yes:
He happened to find it, and offered it back to me, I accepted. Thought I would share. Sorry you couldn't find the happiness in it, but sure made my day!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm glad you're happy but I gotta say that the only deer I ever lost after I shot it (found it several months later) did not make me happy at all..............far from it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts