2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did ya'll know that greg allman wrote the song "sweet melissa" at the
evergreen motel in pensacola, florida?

jaque

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Yes I remember seeing that. If he were going to stay at that motel today he’d have to beat the crack whores off of him first.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've seen some pictures posted when Duane and Greg were playing with Charlene of the still going local Reunion Band and some of the locals long ago. I believe they were the Allman Joys in the early days.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Damn, that's cool. I remember that Spanish Village place. It was just west of where Villa Sabine is now. Used to play around their a lot as a kid when Villa Sabine was a brand new development. Things sure have changed a lot in the last 50 years!!!!!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, that's cool. I remember that Spanish Village place. It was just west of where Villa Sabine is now. Used to play around their a lot as a kid when Villa Sabine was a brand new development. Things sure have changed a lot in the last 50 years!!!!!
yep,
i remember when destin was just fishing shacks that you rented out while you went offshore

jack

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
p.

Here is what the evergreen motor lodge looks like today. I wonder which cottage is the Allman Brothers Suite😄? Recommend a firearm and some bed bug spray if you plan to check in.

5BA6B7C8-2D8F-4458-BDB4-49AE08B6E3F4.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts