·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
SWEET!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it’s in May or June. I always try and pick up a set of leftover tags. I’m in Walton county and typically try and draw Walton or bay(where I grew up). Then I usually grab a set of gulf or franklin when the first come first serve become available.
At the end of deer season or near turkey season, I go through and set calendar reminders for all the hunting stuff I am applying for. If I don’t schedule it, I will forget.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Waste of time, lol. 6 or 7 years in a row I haven't been drawn!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've been drawn 2x in 10 years... all depends on where you apply.

They only gave out 58 tags for santa rosa county.... I bet I know 58 people personally that applied. Odds are not good for west panhandle counties. The further east you go, the better your chances to get drawn.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
I don't know what I would do if I got drawn, no clue how or where to gator hunt. Is it legal to hire a guide?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. Once you pull tags the state will send you info and even some guides will send you brochures.
There is nothing to it. Go slow and throw a hook. That’s about it.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
It’s over in Alabama but boy did I see a big one this morning. I’m too lazy and old to even run trot lines at night but if anybody ever gets drawn in the West central zone in Alabama hit me up for recent sightings.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Heard they killed one nearly 14’ near Gautier MS. On day one of the season in the first hour or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts