Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading down to stay on alligator point Friday through Sunday and will have my Old Town Predator 13 with me. Anyone frequent that area that might could give me some pointers? I have worked on a charter boat in that area in the past but never fished it from a yak. If the weather is right I was thinking about trying to get out to dog island reef Saturday morning but I honestly don’t know if it’s worth the paddle out there. Any tips/direction or fishing buddies would be great.

·
Registered
806 Posts
i grew up in tallahassee and fished that area a lot many years ago.check bald point oyster bars and holes great trout reds ect. alligator harbor on the other end is a small bay with no major fresh water run off and can be good for sight fishing. the beach is different shallow and muddy there is an area known as mud cove that is well known for tarpon they just fish dead menhaden on the bottom

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I lived one summer at the marine lab nearby and I love the area all the way over to St. Marks. Very shallow a long way out, but you probably know this. Too bad not later in the summer, or you could also scallop. Not tried kayak fishing but I have fished around the area in a skiff during June and July. All of us caught fish mostly Spanish mackerel. I saw a guy in a boat not far from us catch a tarpon. When leaving the marina, I often saw various species of shark. I would look at kayaking over to Dog Island as an adventure no matter what I caught. Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts