Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RMfishing
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I?m sure this question has been asked multiple times already, but I scrolled until my thumb got tired and didn?t see this topic. I?m looking for a good all around reel for inshore fishing(I?m thinking a 3000 or 4000 sized reel). Not looking to put a dent in my wallet either so something reasonably priced $50-100. Also looking for a all around rod to pair with it that can handle bull&slot reds, specks, flounder, Spanish and whatever else I might hook into in the bay, a rod that I can fish live bait or throw artificials on also in the $50-100 price range.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I?m sure this question has been asked multiple times already, but I scrolled until my thumb got tired and didn?t see this topic. I?m looking for a good all around reel for inshore fishing(I?m thinking a 3000 or 4000 sized reel). Not looking to put a dent in my wallet either so something reasonably priced $50-100. Also looking for a all around rod to pair with it that can handle bull&slot reds, specks, flounder, Spanish and whatever else I might hook into in the bay, a rod that I can fish live bait or throw artificials on also in the $50-100 price range.
Can't go wrong with a 3000 penn fierce 2 or a penn battle 2. Both are under 100 bucks. Mine have handled everything I've caught inshore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the 3000 Penn Fierce 2 with the 7' rod this summer for $89.00 + tax on Amazon, it's perfect for what you want.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My go to rod that I use all the time is a Penn squadron II($35) with Penn SSV 4500($125) and I have caught everything inshore with it from pinfish to sharks(3ft).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts