Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little cool this morning leaving out of Seward for Halibut and Ling Cod. Seas were good on the 3 hour ride out but a little bumpy this afternoon where they were confused a bit and running about 4 feet.

One of the guys that came up caught a 94 lb Halibut and I pulled in a 60 pounder. The rest were 30-45 pound range. We left the Halibut spot once we all caught a limit in the upper sizes. We didn’t really want to fool with the smaller ones so we left the spot and headed for Ling Cod. We spent about an hour drifting back and forth across the rock pile and got our limit on the Ling Cod as well.

I’m tired and a bit sore so a few cold beverages and it will be time for some sleep. Probably no report tomorrow as we will be doing some running around and exploring. We may get some fishing in late in the afternoon.

Here are a few pics. Hope you enjoy.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,540 Posts
WOW those are huge!!! No way you are gigging those. I can tell by the picture which ones are female. :D

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are so good when we returned last night we put some halibut fillets and the halibut cheeks on the grill for dinner. Sure was some fine eating with a salad and roasted potato’s.

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
Love looking at these. Keep em coming.

Reactions: fla_scout

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Bucket list trip for me. Nice.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well here is all I have for Day 3. Loaded up this morning and road around finding some secluded spots. Went down to Saldotna and City of Kenai. The amount of people is crazy so zoom in and see for yourself.

I added a pic of Chase’s halibut from yesterday. We also stopped at a local brewery and had a couple of beers. Saw the best urinal you could have!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Great urinal. So that's where Miller LIte comes from!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well here is all I have for Day 3. Loaded up this morning and road around finding some secluded spots. Went down to Saldotna and City of Kenai. The amount of people is crazy so zoom in and see for yourself.

I added a pic of Chase’s halibut from yesterday. We also stopped at a local brewery and had a couple of beers. Saw the best urinal you could have!

View attachment 1070672
Wow I fished Kenai Beach in 2000 and there were probably 25 people on the entire beach. 20 were subsistence with the big nets. That's a crowd for this year. I was going to ride the bike to AK but that didn't quite work out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts