Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't been to alaqua or basin bayou since last winter. i am hoping someone could fill me in on how it has been this year since the cool weather moved in. two years ago i got into a mess of hybrid bass right behind Nick's Seafood and hope to find them again. any info offered would be very appreciated.

thanks'

Josh

·
Registered
81 Posts
I fished Alaqua several times (Nov & Dec) and had luck on a few trips. Of course the trout are now in the creek. Howbig were the hybrids?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hybrids ranged from 3 to about 7 or 8 lbs. a lot of fun on light tackle. once they started biting it was a fish every cast for about 30 minutes then it just shut off completely. i guess the just school real tightly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
we fished alaqua creek last Friday. The weather was cold, we had no luck, one 5 inch trout. There were 10 other boats out there. A ton of large gar striking top water. Other boaters told us that they caught larger trout the day before. Most anglers were trolling the bottom with white weighted grub tails, small hooks. Not my kind of fishing for inshore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts