Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading Alabama fishing rules on line, and it is a little confusing, as far as saltwater and fresh water licenses. I think that I may need both with some of the places that i will fish ?. I see a saltwater license and a fresh water license, do they have a combo license that covers both ?, I don't see one. or do I just have to buy one of each ?

I understand the Florida license, I just need a saltwater and i should be good to go.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
430 Posts
Basically, if you are south of I-10 (actually, US 90 is the line) in Mobile Bay, you only need the saltwater license.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where it is really confusing me is like in Perdido Bay, there are several Rivers that feed it, how far up them can I go and be legal with a saltwater licence.
And in Mobile bay on the East side, how far up those rivers can i go ?. is 90 the line for that too ?.

I don't plan on keeping any fresh water fish.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Basically, you can't go very deep into Perdido river, legally. It cuts off right at the mouth IIRC.

But it is marked right ?

at-least that is how i understood the post above.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Land-Locked
1,120 Posts
Do you mean marked, as in actually out on the water or on the map above? I haven't fished the area, but I seriously doubt the boundary it's physically marked on the water.

Perdido River has a very definitive mouth (link below). Imagine a line running from the southern point to the other side. Well, actually to the state line.

http://binged.it/12PHGdu

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you mean marked, as in actually out on the water or on the map above? I haven't fished the area, but I seriously doubt the boundary it's physically marked on the water.

Perdido River has a very definitive mouth (link below). Imagine a line running from the southern point to the other side. Well, actually to the state line.

http://binged.it/12PHGdu

Sorry, but I am confused, the State line basically goes up the center of the Perdido river. on the Florida side from what I understand all I need is a saltwater license, as long as I am not keeping fresh water fish.
But if I understand what you are saying ?, I need a fresh water license if I am fishing the Alabama side, even if I am only fishing for saltwater fish ?.

Kevin

·
Land-Locked
1,120 Posts
Sorry, but I am confused, the State line basically goes up the center of the Perdido river. on the Florida side from what I understand all I need is a saltwater license, as long as I am not keeping fresh water fish.
But if I understand what you are saying ?, I need a fresh water license if I am fishing the Alabama side, even if I am only fishing for saltwater fish ?.

Kevin
Like SAS said, that's correct.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys

Kevin

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just buy both salt and fresh in Fla and Al, then you'll be safe! And it'll help out our economy!

:D lol If you think your economy bad, you should live in Michigan.
My Business is down over 25% from what it was 4 years ago.
I may buy 2 Alabama licenses, but one Florida will do, at almost $50.00 each that is enough of a donation to the States.
But I bet that Sam's or Top Gun will happy to see me :yes:.

Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts