Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And we actually pay these guys. RipTide them

Source: Mobile Press-Register

Gulf Coast senators are pressing federal regulators to resume processing permits for off-shore drilling in shallow waters, saying that a moratorium imposed earlier this month is too broad.

In a letter to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar today, the lawmakers said that shallow-water wells mostly involve "natural gas resources with less environmental risks, and these wells are drilled in predictable and mature reservoirs."

If the moratorium, which was imposed earlier this month in response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, is not lifted soon, most of the approximately 57 shallow-water rigs in the gulf "will be unable to work," the letter states.

The letter was released late this afternoon by Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Oxford, who signed it along with the state's other senator, Roger Wicker, R-Tupelo. The remaining eight signers include Alabama Sens. Jeff Sessions, R-Mobile, and Richard Shelby, R-Tuscaloosa, according to an accompanying news release.
<a href="http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/alabama_mississippi_senators_f.html">http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/alabama_mississippi_senators_f.html</a>

·
Registered
162 Posts
With this current administration, I don't see this happening anytime soon. The extreme left will torch the administration if they allow this to start again. As afriend once, "chances are slim and none, and slim left town yesterday".

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,443 Posts
How about a second BOP on each well before pumping is resumed.

I'd not allow a resumption of SHALLOW water (read near shore) wells until extra precautions are in place.

Jim

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
jim t (23/05/2010)How about a second BOP on each well before pumping is resumed.

I'd not allow a resumption of SHALLOW water (read near shore) wells until extra precautions are in place.

Jim
It wasn't the BOP that failed. I would post the problem but i would look like a nut job so I will leave it alone. I still say drill because we are still dependant on oil, so we don't need to keep supporting our enemies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts