Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
For the past decade, I have sent these recommendations to the FWC, and posted them on forums as well, and took heat for it. The FWC would report back that the Flounder in Florida were "stable"

1. Drop bag to 5.
2. Raise size to 14.
3. Close Nov. to all harvest.
Im an ole timer and know how they were..... and how they are now. They need a break.
Shipoke

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
in texas, Nov limit is 2, 14" and over, no gigging. been like this for about 5 yrs now and it's starting to work. more, better fish now. also have a crab trap clean up in March when all traps have to be out of the water for 3 weeks. amazing how many young flounder will get into a crab trap.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The problem is its gotten to "cheap" to go after them. I run my light off of a honda generator with an external ballast box for the lights. But these days you just need a $20 LED light bar and a car battery and you can go all night. Anything that can float can be made into a flounder rig for under $100

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
in texas, Nov limit is 2, 14" and over, no gigging. been like this for about 5 yrs now and it's starting to work. more, better fish now. also have a crab trap clean up in March when all traps have to be out of the water for 3 weeks. amazing how many young flounder will get into a crab trap.
This actually makes a *lot* of sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts