Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
1bandit (4/2/2010)
X-Shark (4/2/2010)
the license should be good for 12 months from date of purchase.

That was my point. The price I wasn't bitching about so much and it means that the stores and places that sell the licenses will be flooded in Sept.

Just think how it would be to get your car tags in Fl., if everyone in the states expired in August.

You don't have to stand in line. You can buy one on line or over the phone (I have actually had people buy their license on the way back to the pass from a cell phone) The law in Alabama like Fla is a possession law. You don't need a licence to fish, only to keep fish.

Are we sure about that? It's don't think it's that way in Alabama's fresh water. I've been checked more times than I can recall with no fish in the boat (saltwater once). I'm not disagreeing, I don't know.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Are we sure about that?

I'm Damn sure I got a $113 ticket a bunch of years ago. We were closer to Ono Island. Al. side. I had made 3 casts. no hookups or fish in possession. My Dad and brother were rigging their rod.

Guy says "Well at least one of you is gonna get a ticket!"

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
In theory, they say the reason they chargeFlorida residentsso much is because Florida sticks it to Alabama residents. If you think the non-resident fishing license is high, try the non-resident hunting license for butt burn. :banghead

21 - 24 of 24 Posts