Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Praedator
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I think we have a little turf war going on in our house. Our 3 year old Dachshund (Maggie) seems to be getting annoyed at our 2year old daughterrecently. All our daughter wants to do is play, play, play and sometimes Maggie just wants to rest. Well she has started to grumble at our daughter and I think it's time to find Maggie a good home free of little children.

I think Maggie does not get the attention she needs or is used to due to our daughter now being here. She is a great little dog and would make someone very happy. She is from AKC registered parents, even though we did not register her. We still have the AKC paperwork for her though. She is fixed and up to date on her shots. She needs to go back to the vet in March or April I believe. Scenic Hills has been doing her shots and check-ups since we got her.

So, as much as we hate to do it, we need to find her a loving home. Perferably someone that gives her lots of attention and without small children. If you have other dogs she also seems to have what we call "little dog syndrome." She gets a little snippy with dogs bigger than her. She is very protective. She is crate trained and spends the time we are not home in her crate. She also spends the night in her crate. We crate trained her since she was a puppy.

We would like to give her a good home. So this will not be a first come first servedtype deal. Please let us know if you would like to come and see her. Everything we have for her will go with her. She has a crate, bed, food, treats and anything else I can't think about right now. Oh and we have 8 months of Advantix that will go with her as well.

She has been an indoor dog her entire life but she loves to go out on the boat and run around in the sand.

Garcon Point area of Milton

I would like to get $75.00 for her.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hope it works out for you Jon, I was considering it, but we have a two year old as well. It is too bad, she would have been a welcome companion to our 3 yr old Dach.

·
Praedator
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flyingfishr (1/4/2008)Hope it works out for you Jon, I was considering it, but we have a two year old as well. It is too bad, she would have been a welcome companion to our 3 yr old Dach.
I think she would be fine in a house where she gets a little more attention than we give her. But I just wouldn't chance it with another small child. She would be fine with children that understand to leave her alone at times. She has only grumbled at Kylie a handfull of times, it's just that we don't want it to escalate to where I have to kill her for biting my daughter. My little girl comes way before a dog even though she has been our family pet for a while.

She's a great little dog for someone that doesn't have a 2 year old that wants to pull her ears and tail constantly.

·
Registered
913 Posts
My wife has been wanting one for a while and I would love to take her but I have two labs that are inside and don't know if she would get a long with them they are very laid back though.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
seminolewind (1/4/2008)My wife has been wanting one for a while and I would love to take her but I have two labs that are inside and don't know if she would get a long with them they are very laid back though.
Are you stupid................that's just what you need, another dog!:doh

BTW, didn't mean to derail - love the dog, we have one that is identicial to that one and her name is maggie also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts