Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a awesome day on the gom thrusday 4/1 flat all day made for nice ride! on the way out to catch some opening day groupers. we stopped a couple places for bait. didn't find much biting untill we got 200 feet deep. went to get some aj's first and they were happy to see us. the live bait was hit hard a nd fast, no problem putting our three aj,s in the box, to at 34,35 inches and mine at 40. nice fish. needed that tough it's been a long winter. well we also got two almacos and a nice mingo while we were there. move to try to find some grouper. did manage to pull up two gag's but undersize. slow day on the gouper. we put a nice black snapper in the box. couple more mingos, but was kinda slow afternoon not much current slow bite. decided to go check on a reef we put down last year and it's doing fine! loaded up we fish but nothing reel big mostly bait size. thanks cool they will grow! came home helped wash walt's 24 w/a and it was miller time! fesh aj steaks on the grill! yumm!. heres a few pics enjoy we did. and also forgot to mention roy was our three crew member. seen here with his keeper aj.

roy with a 34 aj

my big catch of the day 40 inch aj

now that's flat!!!! we were 28 miles out at this pic!

didn't get a pic of walts aj but here he is driving da boat! the plastic makes for a nice ride out on cool mornings! see ya out there fish on!

scot

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Looks like an awesome day out there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That was a beautiful day to be out thats for sure. It is funny you mention the current was slow. We just fished out to about fifteen miles and the current was ripping. We managed one 28" gag on a jig and a couple of AJs. We thought about going out further but didn't. Thanks for the report and the pics.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
nice aj's ya got there. beautiful day.(i had to work) walt you need to smile. looks like you just your rod or someting.:poke

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
I hope its that calm tomorrow and Monday. Nice report

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congrats nice fish and man what a nice day from the pics'!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great day on the GOM. We were 60+ miles out and it looked like that. Just the opposite though..grouper but no AJ's. Nice AJ.

·
Super Moderator
29,273 Posts
Call me CRAZY!!! but I'll take an AJ over a Grouper any day....Ya'll bring any rocks to skip at the BIG pond you were on?:letsdrink:poke:letsdrink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts