Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Furuno 1871 with a p66 ducer. The p66 isn't what I need to fish in 200 ft around the edge. Is anyone running a 150m, or 185m that fishes around the edge. The 150m is 300 watts versus the 185m is 1000 watts. Wondering if 185 is overkill. $500. difference in price, so looking for advice before buying. Thanks

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A P66 is a Non Chirp 600W X-Ducer. Have you throught about a thru-Hull? I've installed 1 of those "FAT" 1000W transom mount X-Ducers.....I do not like them.....They can be real finicky.

Something like a Airmar B175M

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A X-Ducer is everything.....Yep they are expensive......Think of it like this.....It's the right Rx Glasses so you can see right.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A P66 is a Non Chirp 600W X-Ducer. Have you throught about a thru-Hull? I've installed 1 of those "FAT" 1000W transom mount X-Ducers.....I do not like them.....They can be real finicky.

Something like a Airmar B175M
I am considering a thru-hull but limited on space because of high speed bait well pickup. Have been looking at the 175M. Thanks for your response

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve got the 185m to go along with my P60 and simrad active imaging ducer. Had to been out to the edge a couple of times, pleased so far. I’d go with the extra power and sensitivity of the 1k watt. Still tweaking my mount as I get a lot of noise about 8-9mph but the presentation in 4-500 ft is night and day. The active imaging is a 300ish watt and can barely see the bottom at those depths.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I’ve got the 185m to go along with my P60 and simrad active imaging ducer. Had to been out to the edge a couple of times, pleased so far. Is go with the extra power and sensitivity of the 1k watt. Still tweaking my mount as I get a lot of noise about 8-9mph but the presentation in 4-500 ft is night and day. The active imaging is a 300ish watt and can barely see the bottom at those depths.
I also am running an Active imaging with go7 and it will read bottom at 200 ft, but thats all. Seems like the p66 is a little better at 200 ft. If the 1kw will fit, that is probably what I go with. Hate cutting a 3 3/4 hole in bottom of new boat though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Through hull is the way to go if you have room. I went transom mount as sea hunt makes it almost impossible to get access to the bilge and the less things I have to acces down there the better. Lesson learned for next boat. Overall I’m really pleased with having 3 ducers and my 2 simrads play nice with them despite being different generations (evo2/evo3).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts