Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when someone says air or nitrox integrated, what exactly does that mean? can it be both or just one. i have dove for over 5 years and know the rules, just not the lingo i guess. i guess my computer is nitrox since that is what i dive with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"Air" or "Nitrox" integrated, in reference to computers means the computer also functions as your pressure gauge for monitoring air supply.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Air or Nitrox intergrated only referrs to the computer's ability to monitor tank pressure and breathing gas use. This can be by a direct connection to the regulator, or a wireless transmitter. I personally use a SCUBAPro SmartCom intergrated system and I love it.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have a oceanic vt pro i guess. i have had it for about a year and a half. still in box, never used. it has the sticker still on the console and transmitter that hooks to the tank/1st stage?. iwas thinking about selling it. thanks for the replys. just wanted to make sure my terminology was right.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking around $600.00 its $799.00 in the store.Icould send pics this evening if interested.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
air or nitrox refers to the type of air you can use with that computer. You can change the % of oxygen you use. For air it is 21% and nitrox is usually 32% or 36% however you can mix whatever % to fit your dive profile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts