Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Aggressive shark

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Orion45 
#1 ·
#9 · (Edited)
That is not cool (The powerhead shot is, but not the shark). That doesn't even look like a Bull. I could be wrong, but that looks like a Sandbar shark to me. I love the idea ov having your powerhead on a second gun. I am going to start doing that. It would have taken me more time then I would have liked to attach mine.

#11 ·
This guy just wouldn't quit.
Really? Come on guy. Not much effort was put into discouraging the shark during that encounter. I counted 10 seconds from the time the shark showed up until the time you pulled the safety on your bang stick. Another 10 seconds and the shark was dead. You were either scared to death, looking for a fight, or both.

Although the classic anti-shark maneuver known as the "fin flip" is normally effective (not), I find that a quick jab with a pole spear does wonders to discourage sandbar sharks.

With a spent bang stick and an agitated bull shark on the scene, I'll bet the video that came after was entertaining. :yes:

#12 ·
:thumbup: Well said Bryan. COuldn't agree more. I think all this shark killing business that went on this weekend is disgusting. I have been diving here 10 years and pretty much always see one or more while spearfishing. Never have I ever shot one, or been in a situation where I felt like I needed to. This new thing with guys trying to show their dominance by killing sharks, really just makes you all look like whimps. If you don't like sharks, then get a new hobby, because they are a part of the game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.