Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
3 - 3 1/2. Let him walk he has potential. He doesn't have the characteristics of a 4- 4 1/2 year old deer. If he is still a 6 point next year. You will for sure know he is 4 and then take him out but let him walk one more year. But that is one mighty fine buck. I still say let him walk especially if he makes that property his home.

http://www.1atexasdeerhunting.com/bodyagingdeer.htm Take a look at the 3 and 4 year old age class.

Sorry meant starting to get pot belly.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
This. or maybe even older. Roman nose. Short legs and fat belly. A color clearer pic would help, but I say 4.5+. Safety off....shooter...his rack won't get much better.
I almost went for 5.5. Your right - his age is in his face and that nose says older deer

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I always get a kick out of the aging bucks threads, he's a good one and if you see him and your heart gets to beating and hands start shaking, blast away!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I always get a kick out of the aging bucks threads, he's a good one and if you see him and your heart gets to beating and hands start shaking, blast away!
Did you read or just look at the pics? He can legally kill a 6 point in his club unless he is at least 4.5 years old. Therefore he cant legally blast away

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
He wouldn't get much older on our place. I'd say a 4 yo perfectly aged burger buck.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Well I guess he better ask him his age first...
Which is what he is trying to figure out now instead of when he walks out. Sounds like he is trying to abide by the rules and do the right thing, that's the kind of member most clubs want instead of the "if he makes you happy blast him"

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Which is what he is trying to figure out now instead of when he walks out. Sounds like he is trying to abide by the rules and do the right thing, that's the kind of member most clubs want instead of the "if he makes you happy blast him"
We'll alrighty then bud...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts