·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, don't look!!!!!

down.jpg

view.jpg

ntree.jpg

Logan came w/ the cart and I tossed him my phone to take a pic of me!!! I was about 45 ft up! Beautiful view though! Found 2 nice rubs behind my tree so i will be back to that tree!!!:thumbup:

Didn't see crap this AM but a purty little fox!

Reactions: JoeZ

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Thanks , I now have nose bleed :thumbsup:

when I was young I built my first climbing tree stand out of bed rail and climbed that high.
I didn't think to tie the bottom climber to the top and it fell to the bottom of the tree while I repositioned my feet at the top and there was with no way to climb down. BTW = I always hunt alone.
as it was getting dark and no one knows where I am I start thinking someone will find my body in a few days when the buzzards are circling at best.
in a desperate act I bear hug the tree as the other half of my home made climber falls to the bottom of the tree.
after I slid down with pine sap and wounds to my body I decided elevated shooting houses was the way to go.
I tell you this so you will be very careful and keep that harness [ I never had ] ready to save you if something goes wrong.

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I now have nose bleed :thumbsup:

when I was young I built my first climbing tree stand out of bed rail and climbed that high.
I didn't think to tie the bottom climber to the top and it fell to the bottom of the tree while I repositioned my feet at the top and there was with no way to climb down. BTW = I always hunt alone.
as it was getting dark and no one knows where I am I start thinking someone will find my body in a few days when the buzzards are circling at best.
in a desperate act I bear hug the tree as the other half of my home made climber falls to the bottom of the tree.
after I slid down with pine sap and wounds to my body I decided elevated shooting houses was the way to go.
I tell you this so you will be very careful and keep that harness [ I never had ] ready to save you if something goes wrong.
Ohhh yeah, after a couple years ago----I wear a harness!!!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Fielro

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I loved climbing high in a tree sand. Couple of places I hunted had big, tall pines and I would climb as high as I could go. It provided great visibility and helped with scent and movement control.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I figure God made tree stumps and folding chairs so I would have a place to sit as deer walk up to me. That way I don't have far to fall when I fall asleep. Works every time. For 60+ years.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
The purpose of a climber is to reach the limbs at the top!

Sent from Coop's S5 on Tapacrapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts