Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm planning a trip to pensacola florida from May 23rd to 25th and I was wondering if there was any cheaper options for deep sea fishing in the area. It will be just me and my girlfriend and we do not have any preference for specific fish. We just want to catch some fish and have fun but as college student, I need it to be cheap... around 100 bucks. Can anyone help me out with the info?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
100 total or 100 each?? Snapper season starts on the 23 of May, so there will lots of people wanting to go out on the 23 and 24 and maybe the 25th. Keep checking the Share ride section, and post in that section that you want a ride, someone may be going out for snapper and have two open slots. If you don't want any fish, post that you are willing to leave your fish with the boat and help with gas.

There are walk on head boats out of Destin and Pensacola - Don't know what they ask for 1/2 day trip, but suspect greater than 50 per

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Yep going to cost a little more than that.....but as mentioned you may be able to go out on a private boat and share expenses. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your inputs! I forgot to specify but it was 100 dollars per person.Is there best time to be looking for a boat?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Now is a good time to start. we are less than 1 week away from the start of snapper season. If you want to hook up with a non commercial boat , ie private , post now. If you want a walk on for a head boat start calling their numbers. From what I know (which is not much about headboats) the going rate is a little over 100per person plus tip.

Most private boat owners have more than enough gear, so you don't need to worry about not having gear. But on a private boat, you need a license , don't think you need one on a head boat. A head boat will always have you catch something and normally are bigger , meaning less rough of a ride. What I would do, If I was only going to fishing once, I would go with a head boat. If I was going to try going several times, I would buy the license and find someone to share a ride with. Sharing a ride will cost less since you basically split expense for the trip with the owner. You also split all the fish and are expected to help clean up after the trip. So if you just want to walk on and walk off, a head boat is the answer. Hope this helps ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts