Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got tired of forking out $60/month to Verizon for cell service. Yes the coverage was great but man it was expensive. I found a Verizon reseller that offers the following three plans:
$25 initial setup fee then
$29.95/month 1200Min, 3000 texts, and 100MB Data
$39.95/month Unlimited talk, unlimited texts, and 100MB Data
$55.00/month Unlimited talk, unlimited texts, and 2GB Data

These prices are Tax, Tag, and Title out the door prices.

If you use a lot of data then they my not be worth going to. If you currently have a Verizon CDMA phone and only need voice and texting with a little bit of data this may save you some money.

There is no contract and you pay monthly.

They use the Verizon towers so you get the same coverage.

Vonumental Coverage Map

Verizon Coverage Map

I have used the service for a couple of months and became a reseller for them. The service is great because you use the Verison towers. What you do not get is Verizon Technical Support. I will admit that the technical support is not as good but I have never used technical support with Verizon on my personal phone in the 5 years I have been with them. I have with my work phone but that is a corporate locked down blackberry.

If you are interested you can go to my page and check it out. If it saves you some money great if not, no worries.

http://www.emeraldcoastcommunications.com/

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight Talk. $45 a month unlimited.
Yes but like I said in the OP this is a plan for someone who already has a verizon phone, wants to keep using the verizon towers, and doesn't need a bunch of data. Or someone who already has a Verizon Smart Phone and doesn't want to have to buy a new phone ($180) to get on the Straight Talk $45 plan to stay on the Verizon towers.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Good post... I wonder if there are any cell phone providers out there willing to give us a forum discount. I have four phones with ATT and get the good ole stick in the eye every month...

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Good post... I wonder if there are any cell phone providers out there willing to give us a forum discount. I have four phones with ATT and get the good ole stick in the eye every month...
Tarver, yours shouldn't be too expensive! You know your cell phone don't have internet and you don't send pics and all!!!!! You still using the cell phone???:blink::thumbup:

Product Technology Electronic device Telephone

·
Registered
607 Posts
Those look like good prices.im paying a little over 200 for the last plan with 2mb of data and 2 phones. Our plan is up in november..ill be calling you

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Tarver, yours shouldn't be too expensive! You know your cell phone don't have internet and you don't send pics and all!!!!! You still using the cell phone???:blink::thumbup:

View attachment 62184
Turd:bangin:

I guess you're right, I won't send pictures to you... I was going to send you one just now, but I'd hate for someone to be looking over your shoulder as you open a picture of me flying the bird :D. I don't text because my e-mails come straight to my phone and I'm CHEAP! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Just fer that Tarver...I think I'll send ya a pic at least every hour on the hour!!!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sorry No family plans.

This is really not that lucrative. If you search around the site you will find that I get $.50/ month per 100MB user and $1.00/month for each 2GB user. I get $20 of the $25 setup fee I am checking into seeing if there is a promo code or something that can be used to reduce my part of that to bring the setup fee down. If I can get that worked out I'll offer that. If not maybe I can work something like I'll kick back $10 of the setup fee back to you via paypal or something.

For those of you who do not have data on your phones now to have any ida what you would use, I send and receive between 30-50 emails a day and I am using less than 100MB/month.

·
Registered
567 Posts
what is the name of the company? If you don't already have a verizon phone do they offer phones or do you have to buy one from verizon?

sorry, just woke up and didnt see the website at the bottom of your op

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what is the name of the company? If you don't already have a verizon phone do they offer phones or do you have to buy one from verizon?

sorry, just woke up and didnt see the website at the bottom of your op
:D

Yes they do offer phones. Depending on what you want you can probably find a phone here on the forum that is in perfectly operational shape. I figure that there are probably 100 or so members that have old phones they are not using.

I am working on getting some phones. I have one now and am picking up 2 more this afternoon that are just plane Jane flip phones.

If anyone has any old Verizon phones that are in operational condition and you want to get rid of them shoot me an e-mail or PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts