Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a fisherman a long time but new to kayak fishing. Went out today at the 3mb but no luck on my side. Any advice on the right bait/lures/soft plastics to use? Or even a good spot to lead me to? I'm used to bridge and surf fishing but have little knowledge on where I should go on the boat. Help would be greatly appreciated!

·
central florida refugee
571 Posts
read a couple of the redfish posts from today they will tell you what theyre bitin then just follow the flocks of birds n boats youll be hooked up with a monster bull in notime

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read a couple of the redfish posts from today they will tell you what theyre bitin then just follow the flocks of birds n boats youll be hooked up with a monster bull in notime
Thanks for the info. Hopefully tmrw will be a better day on the yak

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
You're prolly doing the right thing but at the wrong time. Night time is were it's at with 3mi. Gotta set up with safety lights n stuff...nothing's safer than your own eyes/ears out there though. Fish the bridge lights and shadow lines ;) When they're hungry, there isn't a whole lot they won't bite. You'll at least catch tons of white trout with gulp if the reds aren't cooperating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're prolly doing the right thing but at the wrong time. Night time is were it's at with 3mi. Gotta set up with safety lights n stuff...nothing's safer than your own eyes/ears out there though. Fish the bridge lights and shadow lines ;) When they're hungry, there isn't a whole lot they won't bite. You'll at least catch tons of white trout with gulp if the reds aren't cooperating.
I'll have to try that out. I just got the boat 2 days ago and still in the process of getting it all rigged up. How deep would you have to go? I still need to get over the fear of being over deep waters haha. Esp if it's gong to be dark out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get up with a group of the gulf fisherman one day you will get over them deep water nerves real quick
I just got back in from fishing sikes bridge. Not as deep as the Gulf but sure as hell looked deep enough haha. No luck with the Reds today but did pull up some founder. No camera yet to post pics on the water but I will soon! Used some penny gulp shrimp and worked pretty well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts