Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have family coming into town and we want to take them out to pull up some fish. The last time we went on the American Spirit and had a good time. Last October I went on the Destiny and caught a lot of fish but it wasn't as good of experience. I saw Pelican Adventures which is a smaller boat online but I've never taken them. Any advise would be appreciated. We'd like them to have a good time but need to stay in the party boat price range.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I prefer either the Destiny or Destin Princess. Big boats, roomy, air conditioned, and usually good crew. They give a military discount if it applies. Have been on all the others, have had good and bad experiences with each. Swoop is good .

Not all of the boats are air condtioned, so that is a big factor for me in the summer. Crews change so a lot, depends on who the particular crew is you are with. Went out on one un named party boat Friday, (not going to get into bashing) and the bait was awful, looked like year old pieces of mackerel. But the 2 of us caught 26 keepers(mingo mostly) and of course threw back the red snappers, etc. All will let you bring your own bait, frozen or live. If you can bring live bait, usually do better, all the boats have livewells.

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Can't go wrong with the swoop. The dukes were best party boats but I think they just commercial fish now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw swoops catch last saturday...mingos, kings...looks like they had a great day... id say swoop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts